Cooked in the microwave, this healthy chocolate mug cake needs only 6 ingredients and is ready in less than 7 minutes.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
- 1 fresh date, pitted, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 60ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened apple puree
- 2 1/2 tbsp oat bran
- 2 tsp cocoa powder, plus extra to dust
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Step 1Place the date in a medium sized heatproof bowl. Add one teaspoon boiling water and mash with a fork.
- Step 2Add the egg, apple, oat bran, cocoa powder and cinnamon and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Step 3Spoon mixture into a 160ml (2/3 cup) capacity microwave-safe mug or ramekin. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes or until the cake starts to come away from the sides and top is just firm. Serve dusted with extra cocoa.
More Quick Family Cooks HERE