Marks and Spencer has launched a new cookbook featuring 50 easy recipes and quick weeknight dinners.
The upmarket high-street chain is selling £5 book ’50 fast, fresh and easy recipes to transform family meals’ in their food halls, which have stayed open amid the coronavirus lockdown.
A spokesperson for the store told MUMFORCE it’s packed with ‘exciting ways to shake up family meals’ and features easy recipes which parents and children can make.
The cookbook includes shortcuts using store cupboard staples, so if you don’t have all the ingredients you can simply swap them with your favourite meat or vegetables.
Marks and Spencer have launched a new cookbook featuring 50 easy recipes and quick weeknights dinners.
Twelve of the recipes are from chef Chris Baber, who has been working with M&S on family-ready recipes using the Cook With Marks and Spencer collection.
It comes after the launch of Cook With Marks and Spencer pastes which hit stores last year. The pastes, which start at £1.30, are used as shortcuts to add flavour to meals.
Four of them feature in the recipe book: Turmeric & Ginger Root Paste, Roasted Red Pepper Paste, Korean BBQ Paste and Preserved Lemon Paste.
The book includes recipes for shakshuka, Italian meatballs, curries and lamb tagine.
Italian meatballs and mozzarella pasta bake
The ultimate lazy weeknight supper dish, this is not just any pasta sauce, this is a pasta sauce perked up with Cook With M&S Roasted Red Pepper Paste for your best pasta sauce yet.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 190g jar Cook With M&S Roasted Red Pepper Paste
- 340g dried pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 12 M&S Italian Meatballs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 690g Passata or chopped tomatoes
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball, drained and torn into chunks salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
2. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Drop the meatballs into the oil and fry for a few minutes, until golden brown all over.
4. Add the garlic and half of the basil leaves to the casserole dish and fry for 1 further minute. Add the Cook With M&S Roasted Red Pepper Paste and the Passata or chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Remove the casserole dish from the heat, stir in the cooked pasta and season.
After M&S shared the news on Instagram, fans were very excited to try out the recipes.
‘Picked one up yesterday can’t wait to get cooking!’ wrote one, while a second added: ‘I need to buy this.’
‘I love it! I’ve just picked one up’ commented a third, while a fourth penned: ‘I reckon this will be great.’
A further who couldn’t contain their delight at the release said: ‘Just got hands on some preserved lemon!! Well excited.’
Roasted Butternut, Turmeric & Coconut Curry
Curry in a hurry? Easy, with the addition of our shortcut superstar: Cook With M&S Turmeric & Ginger Root Paste. This curry couldn’t be easier to make and it’s perfect for veggies too.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
90g jar Cook With M&S Turmeric & Ginger Root Paste
2tbsp olive oil
2 tsp medium curry powder
350g diced butternut squash
Freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
400g tin coconut milk
400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Lime halves, to season
Naan bread, serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7
2. Add the oil and curry powder to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the diced butternut squash to the bowl and toss to coat in the oil mixture. Spread the squash pieces out on a baking tray and place in the middle of the preheated oven to roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender
3. Meanwhile, add the coconut milk, chickpeas, honey and the Cook With M&S Turmeric & Root Ginger Paste to a saucepan. Bring the mixture to the boil over a medium heat, then lower the heat and reduce to a ‘single cream’ consistency.
4. To serve, divide the chickpeas between two serving bowls, scatter over the roasted butternut squash and finish with a squeeze of lime juice and some chopped coriander. Serve with naan bread.